1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows Systems Engineer to support our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of server and systems professionals to maintain a secure environment for critical systems. Bring your own experience and work with our team to teach and learn while building, maintaining, and supporting our customer environments.
• Design, implementation and administration of Windows 2008r2/2012r2/2016, MS-Azure, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory.
• Maintain strong understanding of Client/Server Architecture and how to securely deploy internally and externally.
• Evaluate and architect network, server and storage architecture plans.
• Produce technical writing for both system integration and transition to operations teams.
• Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production environment
• Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
• Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
• Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers and Customers.
• Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in Windows System Administration or an Associate’s degree and 6+ years, able to offer conceptual knowledge as well as practical application
• Experienced in design, implementation and administration Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Active Directory and Azure AD
• Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation
• Competent in essential administration concepts around Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and later
• Experienced in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, or Office 365
• Knowledgeable in scripting such as Powershell
• A US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance
• Certified in Microsoft technologies
• Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.