1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Storage Engineer to support our Blacksburg, Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of storage professionals to maintain a secure environment for critical systems. Bring your own experience and work
with our team to teach and learn while building, maintaining, and supporting our customer environments.
- Be responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise data storage systems.
- Monitor performance, errors, and warnings on FC network and attached storage systems.
- Maintain storage and FC network policies and standards.
- Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long term solutions.
- Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff.
- Follow, maintain, and produce in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution.
- Assist in creating automation and process improvements toward greater efficiency, reduced incidents, and proactive systems management.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life-cycle.
- Provide health and performance reporting and take appropriate actions based on trends in data.
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
- Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years experience or an Associate’s degree and 6 years experience.
- Experienced with NetApp (preferred), EMC, Hitachi, 3PAR, or IBM FC storage
- Experienced with CIFS, NFS, iSCSI administration, as well as file and block storage administration
- Knowledgeable in Fiber Channel network administration · Experienced with PowerShell or other scripting tools
- Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation
- A US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance
- Bachelor of Science in IT Related Field and 6+ years of experience
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator certification
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.