This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure implementation of overall systems engineering best practices. This role reports to the programs Chief Systems Engineer and supports software systems development, including documenting system requirements, interfaces, and data sources. This role supports technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the team leadership to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements.
- This role is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing Leverage AWS in the development and hosting of system solutions
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
- Resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Support implementation and adherence to enterprise standards for initiatives such as CI/CD, Agile development/testing, low-high development, and configuration management
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of how to design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life cycles across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams on all aspects of the development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed technical requirements.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.