The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Junior Web Application Software Engineer for a program in San Diego, CA.
Product development includes tactical mobile development as well as enterprise web application development. The portfolio of products support the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance domains. These systems deploy a variety of technologies and communicate with infrastructure interfaces to bring secure, modern-day Cybersecurity and Cryptographic Key Management solutions to the warfighter.
Leidos is looking for a Junior Web Application Software Engineer to assist building and maintaining functional web pages and applications. The successful candidate will work on a mix of web service development, full stack web application development and robust persistence layer implementations in an Agile Scrum environment. This involves the use of Themes, Epics, User Stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team. He/she will use a variety of software engineering best practices and clean coding techniques to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant and meets S.O.L.I.D coding principles.
The candidate will be knowledgeable about (and apply) secure software development principles and techniques. He/she will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members. He/she will be responsible for setting the standards and helping the team adopt and adhere to Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. At least 3+ years of experience with software development / engineering, preferably in a web-based environment. Following are a list of required and preferred languages, frameworks and skillsets.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments (e.g., SAFe, XP)
- Experience with UI / Development Frameworks (e.g, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, Qt, React, Node.js)
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Experience with Web Services Architectures (REST, SOAP, AWS)
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Quality, and DevOps concepts and tools / technologies (e.g., Ant / Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, FishEye, Crucible, Gradle, Junit)
- Experience with Security Scanning (HP Fortify, HP WebInspect)
- Experience with Build Scripts (e.g., Maven, ANT)
- Experience with Mobile Application Development
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with Web Server Configuration (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, Tomcat)
- Experience with Database Development (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle)
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.