Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Business Development Specialist to join our remote team, with energetic members located near Pittsburgh, PA and Morgantown, WV. You will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs in business development, proposals, outreach, and innovation/entrepreneurial efforts. The position directly relates to NETL's (National Energy Technology Laboratory) pursuit of reimbursable work and enables funding and research growth within the Research and Innovation Center. Work includes pre-award development, budget creation, proposal submissions, and collaboration with post-award team members. Externally funded projects reinforce and support NETL’s mission as the premier fossil energy and decarbonization research laboratory in the U.S. The Business Development Specialist position will support development and implementation of a proactive process to pursue business opportunities between NETL and external organizations.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
The Business Development Specialist will directly support NETL staff to identify and plan for forthcoming external funding opportunities, secure strategic partners, position NETL to effectively pursue these opportunities and help NETL prioritize opportunities that compete for Laboratory resources. Under the direction of NETL staff, the role may work with government organizations, companies, universities, other national laboratories, and organizations in the public sector to forge and implement a proactive and consistent leveraged partnered development effort consistent with the Research and Innovation Center’s mission and role within NETL.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Learn and then leverage an in-depth knowledge of Lab’s research capabilities, services, facilities, and communicate them through compelling value propositions.
- Research government organizations to gain anticipated funding opportunities and identify key points of contacts within these organizations and technology areas relevant to NETL’s work.
- Work with the Leidos Research Support Team (LRST) staff to continually improve business development and proposal preparation and management processes.
- Support the creation, management and expansion of relationships with new and existing partners and clients.
- Support researchers in prioritizing externally funded opportunities and develop integrated proposal teams with external organizations.
- Assisting in identifying and providing information on funding opportunities to NETL personnel (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, BAAs, DOE Lab Calls, SERDP and other Federal Agency solicitations, etc.).
- Participating in and supporting all aspects of proposal preparation including creating schedules, templates, and gathering boilerplate materials. Ensuring compliance with funding opportunity requirements, receiving deliverables from NETL and teaming organizations, reviewing and editing content, and assembling final documents.
- Developing comprehensive multi-organizational proposal budgets including budget forms required by the funding organizations and preparing Field Work Proposals.
- Coordinating technical, quality, and management review teams to strengthen the proposal and ensure compliance with funding opportunity and applicable government rules and regulations.
- Supporting the submission of proposal packages by due date.
- Capturing information in the database tools on a timely basis; contributing to weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Developing brown bag seminars and other programs or materials to educate staff on the logistics and strategies of pursuing reimbursable work.
- Supporting outreach, business development, inventions / intellectual property management, and innovation/entrepreneurial activities as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, social sciences, STEM, or related field and four years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in coordinating the development of grants/proposals for sponsored research
- Experience working in a university, national laboratory, or federal research and development
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- This position will require extensive interface with all levels of the federal client and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries.
- Experience in engineering or technical research and technology commercialization.
- Financial experience developing budgets for government proposals, including in-depth knowledge of finance ethics and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.