The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a Quality Control Specialist with an Air Traffic Control background. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Center (CSC) Quality Control Group (QCG) Operational Evaluations Team (AJV-C14) by providing technical expertise in in tracking, process, and integration by providing specialized expertise in document preparation and technical expertise. This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including FAA Headquarters, FAA field offices, Air Traffic Operations, Technical Operations, System Operations and users of the National Airspace System. Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to develop and provides assessments and technical recommendations. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Organizing and categorizing a variety of technical reports, quality control documentation, and general reports for use at varying levels of the FAA organization.
- Developing tracking for technical documentation supporting Quality Control (QC) analysis.
- Assist in converting technical information on policy, process, procedure, and checklist documents by taking specific technical research and data and converting it into language and instructions that are easier to read and understand.
- Gather, complete, generate, track and update documentation as necessary.
- Prepare documents that are grammatically correct and follow FAA guidelines.
- Track and compile databases for quality control audits.
- Provide support to include macro programming in the areas of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word for system development or modification.
- Develop custom Microsoft project reports, as required.
- Review and provide air traffic expertise regarding air traffic control procedure items in the National Airspace System, as related to the regular and functional use of laws, regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s), directives, requirements, projects, inquiries, changes, and publications.
- Requires a BA degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience in Air Traffic Control can be substituted.
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- 5 years FAA Management/Staff experience at an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop recommendation to the FAA customer.
- Experience with Business Objects, Comprehensive Electronic Data Analysis and Reporting (CEDAR), Compliance Verification Tool and Knowledge Share Network (KSN)/SharePoint
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with SharePoint/Knowledge Share Network (KSN).
- Experience dealing with multiple lines of business in the FAA.
- Quality Assurance Management/Staff experience greatly desired
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.