The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer to support the WarFighter Readiness Program located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Candidate will work with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user friendly. The Tech Writer will be responsible for providing input to the Technical Manual packages geared toward the efficiency of installation and integration procedures at each of the five Regional Hub Nodes throughout the world and Signal Modernization projects. Responsible for reviewing, designing, revising, developing and maintaining all Training Material, Lesson Plans, and Course Outlines.
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of experience with technical writing. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Candidate should possess outstanding technical skills and be skilled with formatting large content documents.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Frame Maker
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to work with of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to produce training material as required per system in an office or field environment.
- Familiarization with developing lesson plans using the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) process and consists of Terminal Learning Objectives (TLO), Enabling Learning Objectives (ELOs), Learning Step Activity (LSA), equipment requirements, instructor requirements, student handouts, media, and written practical exercises.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.