Grow your future with Leidos! We are seeking Software Developers to join our dynamic team in Orlando, FL. At Leidos, we are looking to make an investment in your career and professional growth.
The successful candidate will be part of a high performing, agile software team and must be able to work well in a distributed team as well as working directly on simulation system hardware when necessary. Individual will engage cross functionally with systems engineers, hardware engineers, logistics engineers, and systems integration and test personnel to build simulation driving trainers. This is an opportunity to work as part of our Virtual Simulation Programs on a variety of challenging projects.
- Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones within an Agile development environment.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Work with Systems Engineers to assure the software meets requirements.
- Assist in developing test routines and data.
- Test all implemented updates and corrections, and assists in the testing of the total program, documenting, in standardized terminology, all procedures used.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline, plus 2-4 years experience.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a Scrum team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field, working without supervision but as part of coordinated team effort.
- Java, C++, C# programming competence
- Working knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, and Jira for software development activities
- Simulation Development
- XML and XML Schema
- HTML and CSS
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.