Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Site Operations, System Administrator. The roll will include providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for a primarily virtualized Linux environment. This engineer should be well versed in Red Hat products such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Virtualization, Identity Management , Ansible, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring and patching.
- Perform in depth independent trouble shooting on the ABIS system, its core software and infrastructure. Expected to resolve outages / failed services independently, or leading a group of more junior technicians in trouble shooting efforts.
- Ability to research and resolve trouble tickets from ABIS users concerning data failures (failure to process) broken scripts / processes and data queries
- Ability to rebuild servers and workstations to meet functionality and cyber requirements.
- Ability to manage and lead projects within the ABIS environment. (Such as: deployment of new image to all workstations, create / manage Active Directory accounts to (to include PKI data) for all ABIS users, etc)
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Implement DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Experience managing Windows 2010 workstations and Server 2008 thru 2016 using WSUS and SCCM.
- Satellite system management automation to deploy, scale and manage Red Hat infrastructure across physical and virtual environments
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell)
- Design, develop and deploy new ansible playbooks, scripts, etc to facilitate operations and maintenance activities.
- Design, develop and deploy the virtual server environment to support new ABIS capabilities such as facial image pre-processing (MXServer), card scanning (RISER) etc.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years relevant experience
- Masters and 2+ years relevant experience
- (additional work experience and / or technical certifications can be substituted for college degree)
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise with DoD ABIS and DFSC BOD biometric operations
- Must possess demonstrable expertise with the Red Hat productions mentioned above
- Must be DOD 8570 certified or obtain required certificates within 60 days of start date.
- Must be able to obtain DOJ clearance to access the FBI Campus - CJIS Site, in Clarksville, WV.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.