Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos has an opening for a Deskside Support Technician to support the ESA V program in Washington DC. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, O&M, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Deskside Support Engineer is responsible for providing consulting, oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives directly to end-users at customer sites.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 12+ weeks.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk.
- Stage devices (phones and computers) in preparation for deploying them to the users. Staging will include: Install OS, Rename computer, Join Domain, Install software as per onboarding form.
- Break/Fix support for end-user Desktop computer devices (Laptops, Desktops, Printers, VTC/AV, Etc).
- Deployment and retrieval of new end-user devices to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device.
- Install specialty software which is not packaged in SCCM (software installed in small quantities).
- Removal of devices from the network as directed by Security Operations Center.
- Order parts to repair hardware, with approval from leadership and the customer. Coordinate with the 3rd party vendor provider to repairs, and works closely with Asset Management.
- Assess issues and diagnose problems with printers.
- Provide setup and technical A/V support in conferences rooms.
- Provide setup and technical Video Teleconferences (VTC) support including monitoring high-profile user conferences.
- Ad hoc support to videotape conferences and setup for video streaming. Compile recorded conferences and provide to the customer.
- PIN PIV Resets utilizing security solutions.
- Install printer toner.
- Must be able to participate in the on-call after hours support rotation.
- A good possibility of travel to support high profile remote trials as a Deskside support technician. Submit timely expense reports after the travel support is completed, 1 week requirement.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-past and demanding environment.
- Works independently with frequent collaboration as a team member.
- Monitors the ServiceNow ticketing system queue and resolves end-user Incident and Request tickets quickly.
- Builds effective customer relationships.
- Provides weekly reports with roadblocks, challenges, and accomplishments.
- High School Diploma and 4 years relevant experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.