Leidos is seeking a System Engineer - Concurrent Engineering Lead for Mission Support Tools (MSTL) and OPUI CSCI teams in support of the FAA’ Enterprise-Information Display Systems (E-IDS) program. E-IDS, provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display. This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual.
System Engineer Concurrent Engineering Lead responsibilities:
• Concurrent Engineer directly accountable for the planning, design, implementation and Test of their assigned teams’ features acting on behalf of the Chief Engineer. Any conflicting Issues/priorities between CEL's that can't be resolved are raised to the CE for resolution.
• Works closely with the team leads identifies priorities, overseeing the teams execution and helps resolve escalated issues and dependencies.
• Acts as the conduit between management and the team.
• Responsible for reporting team status at the Daily Hot Topics (may delegate to Team Leads if necessary)
• Responsible for facilitating resolution of technical issues that cross CE teams, functional disciplines
• Establish consistent status updates and reporting methods across all development teams
• Facilitates Daily Team Lead Checkpoint
• Organize and Run the Drop Planning Meeting
• Escalates issues to CE as appropriate
• Ensure the Chief Designers have completed all LLD steps including, break-down features into User Stories (allocate SP value) and have assess for any SLOC reduction or Growth.
• Ensure drop+1 is planned out into features and stories and that the planned team can execute and it fits into the drop
• Ensure drop+1 inter team, cross team and infrastructure dependencies are planned out prior to drop+1 starting and that all dependencies have a committed resolution agreements in place with both parties
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• SE/SW/Test Technical Leadership experience, including strong Organization / Time management - Demonstrated ability to multi-task Background and application experience with Software engineering
• Demonstrated understanding of full software and or Test development life cycle
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas.
• Prior experience with cost accounting / earned value management/ownership, Project Planning and Cost estimating experience
• Experience in team building, strategic planning, customer focus, conflict resolution, and coaching.
• Prior experience in the SE, SW and Test process, process improvement, SE/SW/Test metrics tracking / affordability initiatives
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.