Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer/Developer to design and develop a next generation Satellite Security Mobile application, with heavy emphasis on using C++. This application will be running on next generation handheld devices with utilization designed for US Government Departments and Agencies.
As a Mid-Level Software Engineer, you will collaborate in the analysis, design, development, and test of software applications. This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can clearly communicate what is required in order to achieve this effectively on diverse tasks with development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives).
The selected candidate will be working in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment developing for a variety of operating systems using programming languages (C++, C, Python), and database (SQLite). He/she will also be experienced integrating modules and libraries developed in these programming languages.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable with software configuration management processes and understanding software components and their interface requirements with other APIs and host systems (i.e., virtualized, containerized, or hardware). The candidate will contribute to setting the standards and helping the team adopt Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure accountability and quality are applied to all assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of forward leaning technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets):
Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years of experience of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires an active Secret DoD security clearance
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system
- Knowledge working with software development methodologies (e.g.,TDD, Peer programming, debugging, etc.)
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with databases (MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience with software languages such as C/C++, C#, Java
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills.
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Knowledge or experience in Satellite-based systems a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development.
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Subversion, Git, GitLab, GitHub).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts
- Experience with formalized API development methodologies (e.g., OpenAPI 3.0)
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.