The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active duty military services members and their families at all military installations CONUS and OCONUS to enhance and maintain military and family readiness. The program supports over 2500 personnel.
The MFLC Mission Services Director / Program CIO will define and manage all business process automation, development, integration, and IT Project Management. must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up to date with advancements of the field. The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our MFLC program.
- Research and recommend service delivery improvements around process, technology trends and capabilities across commercial systems, digital technologies, analytics, and design to improve service delivery from an internal and external stakeholder standpoint
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all MFLC internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological MFLC infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Work in a consultative fashion with program leadership, customer, and corporate IT.
- Proactively identify opportunities and design new approaches to improve all program operations as assigned
- Oversee the delivery of ministry strategies for new and existing programs and systems to align with product and service standards
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- Establish an understanding of intersection of clinical and business operations with technology
- Build trust-based relationships with business leaders, counseling them on broad ranging Service Delivery-related topics
- Navigate complex organizations and build consensus on priorities
- Experience delivering service to meet business cases/needs
- Successfully working with customers to implement large-scale, complex services within their environment, minimizing disruption to business/clinical processes
- Leverage quantitative metrics and customer feedback to continuously improve delivery of services
- Understanding of the financial implications of process & technology decisions; being a good steward of Leidos financial resources
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience
- Successful background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation (cloud and hybrid cloud environments)
- Proven experience as a enterprise architect, solutions for program IT team
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- High energy level and flexibility to meet a wide variety of organizational demands in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrated success leading and managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Ability to create/perform in a unique role within this multi-billion-dollar program
- Able to communicate and give direct feedback up, across & down the chain of command as well as to external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive organizational and business information in highest confidence
- Experienced influencing skills, the ability to work the “who & how” of getting things done through others, at times without formal authority, by building and using a large network
- Capable of balancing high-level objectives with an appropriate level of detail to make decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively up and down and across the organization as well as with both functional and operational personnel
- Computer skills: familiarity standard reporting tools, business operation tools, MS office
- Ability to achieve Secret Clearance
- Travel as Required (estimated less than 15%) potentially includes OCONUS travel
- Current Passport
- Prior corporate experience with OCONUS DoD programs
- Experience with DoD contracts involving provision of counseling services
- Documented experience in coordinating actions among numerous stakeholders
- Working knowledge and existing contacts with major Leidos corporate stakeholders
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.