The Leidos FIPS 140-2 Junior Security Assurance Engineer, in support of the Cryptographic and Security Testing Laboratory (CSTL), performs various technical and consultative services including initial assessments of product cryptographic security, input to the development of a product's security design and formal testing of the products against the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 for cryptographic modules.
What You Will Get to Do:
The selected candidate will work on various FIPS 140-2 validation projects and perform the following.
- General security analysis
- Design work (product architecture)
- Physical security testing
- System-level logical analysis
- Cryptographic and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) testing
- Cryptographic algorithm testing
- Source code review activities
- Test case development/execution
- Technical report writing and review
- Testing automation through scripting
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline).
- Familiarity of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Experience with debugging (GDB, WinDBG, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Related certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificates and their attributes as well as protocols such as CDP and OCSP.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnets and routing.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018 (NYSE: LDOS).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.