The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in managing very intricate programs in support of the mission. Serve as the assistant special security official providing expertise in all security functions for this program in accordance with the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, ICD’s, DoDM and 5105.21 M1.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class security solutions.
- Providing day-to-day support to the management and technical staff
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducting annual self-inspections
- Submitting personnel for access
- Maintaining personnel records
- Conducting initial and annual refresher training
- Performing debriefs
- Maintaining document control
- Completing Fixed Facility Checklists
- Performing security violation investigations
- Transferring classified material
- Submitting foreign travel notifications
- Sending visit notifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- 4+ years of professional security experience.
- Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information. Preference for current SSBI
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, i.e. special security, and DoD security programs
- An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, DODM 5205.07 vols, NISPOM, JSIG, Supplement and Overprint)
- Contribute to the development and execution of security policy, plans and procedures
- Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or Military/Security experience
- Some SAP Security Courses.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.