Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. Work would include electric utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages. Preferred experience would include assessment and development of design bid packages for pole replacements in varying environmental environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, coordination of conflicting utilities, work permit development, and distribution system protection and coordination requirements.
Background must haves
- Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials is preferred)
- Training in required skills will be provided
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Voltage Conversion projects, Conductor replacements and OH to UG conversions, back lot to front lot conversion projects
- Engineering experience with structural analysis, guying calcs, cable pulling calcs, coordination of protective devices, calculations of electric demand and fault currents
- Providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, Osmose O Calc, SOCKET
- Experience using MicroStation--CAD programs to performing Electrical Distribution design
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
10%-30% working with client in office or field visit
60%-80% Engineering and development of design pkgs for customer
10% admin/planning/customer follow-up
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.