The Leidos Defense Group has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) at the Pentagon, Washington, DC.
You will serve as a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) on the DISA GSM-O II program supporting the Joint Service Provider. CSWOs are principally engaged in the triage of events, cyber incident handling, network analysis and threat detection, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) methodology. This position offers three shifts (day: 0600-1400; swing: 1400-2200; mid: 2200-0600).
• Support the JSP Network Operations and Security Center (JNOSC) Battle Captain with all Cyber Defense and Network Assurance issues to include making recommendations regarding Indicators of Compromise (IOC), malicious cyber activity, and the overall security posture of our networks.
• Oversee all network defense operations and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution. Coordinate and collaborate with internal JSP elements and mission partners to share the understanding and impact of day-to-day malicious cyber activity.
• Maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts, and messages to include the preparation and delivery of daily situational awareness and operational update briefings to JSP Senior Leadership.
• Serve as Senior Defensive Cybersecurity SME during 24x7 operations.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) upon start.
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Requires a deep understanding and the ability to apply cyber security related principles, theories, and concepts.
• Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Work independently and as part of a team to develop solutions to issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
• Leadership experience in a 24x7 environment. This includes mentoring, training, and reviewing the work performed by more junior personnel.
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.