Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Group is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to support our N2NOMS program. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. You will be working in support of a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. All work is performed on site in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations.
What will you do in this role?
• Lead and manage an all-star team of Network Controllers, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Applications Systems Administrators, Storage Administrators, Storage Database Managers and NORAD/USNORTHCOM Network Operations Center (NOC) Technicians (Approximately 27 personnel).
• Serve as primary technical advisor to program leadership and customer.
• Oversee and direct all facets of event management.
• Oversee/troubleshoot multiple NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks and systems.
• Oversee day-to-day maintenance and sustainment of networks.
• Oversee all facets within data center management.
• Provide updates/briefs on technical performance directly to program leadership and customer.
• Direct systems reliability tests and provide after action reports and lead remediation actions.
• Support cyber security efforts to secure networks.
• Direct network support to Service Desk Technicians and geographically separated units.
• Provide management of 4 work centers (Net Ops, Sys Admin, Apps, and NOC).
• Drive project integration from testing to introduction and implementation to the production networks.
• Develop and manage changes and priorities to develop and deliver monthly reports on contract deliverables.
• Coordinate with other managers across contract to integrate new technologies or improve network performance.
• Coordinate with Government customers on continuity management testing.
• Coordinate and negotiate with Government customers on the upgrade, refresh, or integration of new technologies.
These are the Required Qualifications for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience or Master’s degree with 6 years of experience, additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold a current Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Must have server related certifications (i.e., Windows Server 2016, or CompTIA Server+, etc.)
• Must have Security +CE certification or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of ITIL Foundations level certification, or ability to obtain within six months.
• Experience with cloud services, alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, and performance management.
• Experience CISCO, Juniper, and/or Optical Switching.
• Experience with Network Security (STIGS, Access Control Lists, Traffic, etc.)
• In-depth understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• In-depth understanding of virtual applications and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) design and implementation.
These are the Preferred Qualifications for this role:
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in associated field.
• CCNP or Juniper Enterprise Certifications.
• Project Integration and Services experience.
• Service Validation and Testing (SVAT) experience.
• Oversight of Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) activities and process.
• Additional ITIL Certifications.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.