International Trade Compliance Manager
Salary Range: £62,400 - £82,150 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Are you a leader looking to launch your career to the next level?...
We are in search of an International Trade Compliance Manager to join our UK Team. You will provide support in trade compliance, advising and assisting both internal and external stakeholders, as required. The role shall report to the UK Senior International Trade Compliance Manager.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The role holder main duties and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Deploy and adherence with all applicable Leidos trade compliance procedures, processes and mandates to Programmes
- Conduct trade compliance denied party Screening process, as applicable.
- Perform assurance checks with all Import Clearances, to ensure they are properly performed and the appropriate records are maintained
- Conduct and perform Import clearances - supporting the International Trade Compliance Analyst, where necessary. Can include dealing with both internal (e.g. Procurement, Programme Management and Finance) and External stakeholders (e.g. Suppliers, custom brokers and HMR&C)
- Contribute in the development and management of Trade Compliance tools, such as the Vector site and TC PRISM page, seeking efficiencies for business/programmes
- Maintain and update the databases/records of all UK and US export Authorisations for the business programmes
- Support the International Trade Compliance Analyst with input to TC Metrics/KPIs, as well as, metrics requested or beneficial to the Programmes
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to UK Exports both intangible and tangible requests) made by the Programmes
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to UK travel requests, both via ITRS and Vector, for applicable programmes. Where appropriate, issuing travel asset letters
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to business Vector site requests and other IT tools as directed in support of programme demands
- Perform and support TC training, communications and awareness campaigns, as directed by the UK Senior International Trade Compliance and specifically in support of the appropriate programmes
- Assist in business investigations, where required, ensuring TC matters are fully managed toward closure
- Assist in business quality and audits (assurance) activities with both internal (e.g. CIRC) and external parties (e.g. ECJU and HMR&C)
- Maintain TC risk register by programmes, providing a monthly report to the UK Senior International Trade Compliance Manager
- Support the UK Senior International Trade Compliance, as directed, with activities, including bid work and specific Programme or Functional demands and needs
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Ideally degree educated or with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Trade Compliance/Export Controls or similar
- Be able to work flexibly
- Well organised with experience of implementing and managing extensive records and filing systems
- Experience in managing both US Export Controls (ITAR and EAR), and UK Export Controls
- Ability to act independently with integrity and work as a team, dealing with various stakeholders in a variety of levels
- Numerate with solid IT skills, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Demonstrable initiatives – ability to raise issues to benefit the business and mitigate non-compliances
- Ability to obtain and maintain a UK SC security clearance level
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills
You Might Also Have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of Audit/Assurance activity
- Experience within the Defence sector
- Experience in developing and/or managing data collection/databases/Metrics/KPIs etc.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.