The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Operations Security Data Release Support Specialist to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) System Operations Security Group. Support will require you to assist the government in addressing a broad range of NAS Data Release Board (NDRB) issues associated with protection of sensitive flight data (SFD) and operations security (OPSEC) issues associated with air traffic control, airspace restrictions, SFD identification and protection, System Wide Information Management (SWIM) programs, Surveillance Broadcast System (SBS) programs, including RADAR and Automated Dependent Surveillance System-Broadcast (ADS-B) programs, engagement with NDRB and Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) programs and assessments, and data release issues associated with integration of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) in the NAS. You will prepare technical documentation for review by the NDRB Chair, evaluators, and members, and assist in development of solutions to complex air traffic management (ATM) operations security and data release projects and programs for NAS stakeholders.
Support the OPSEC, privacy, and data release procedures and policies of the FAA as they pertain to the security of the NAS. This support will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Identifying risks and associated mitigations.
- Support during development and writing of OPSEC and data release policy and procedures for sensitive military and law enforcement flight operations, flight data identified as Sensitive Unclassified Information (SUI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), and aircraft privacy programs through Document Change Proposals (DCPs) for FAA Orders; Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs); Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), Letters of Agreement (LOAs), and/or other written documents as required.
- Technical support for meetings and direct interface with government and law enforcement agencies and other NAS stakeholders regarding OPSEC, privacy, and NAS data release requirements.
- Updates to SFD and/or LADD program identification and protection data for use by FAA data release programs.
- Tracking metrics and creating reports and/or meeting documentation reflecting the progress of selected activities.
- Provision of other written products to the government when required.
- Support for related briefings regarding OPSEC and NAS data release issues for public, local, state and federal stakeholders when required.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 12 –15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and external entities requesting approval for release of FAA NAS data.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to master use of other software that may be required.
- Experience with technical writing and strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to understand and originate documentation pertaining to NAS security and information/data management. Typical documentation includes meeting document preparation of letters, white papers; talking points, spreadsheets, trackers; and presentation slides; review and analysis of data description documents (JMSDD, etc.) and data requirements documents (WSRD, etc.); assistance with writing of document change proposals (DCPs), Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), and concepts of operation; review, analysis and writing of OPSEC tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), sensitive data identification and protection plans, training plans, and national security plans involving data protection and release.
- Must be able to obtain Secret level clearance.
- Knowledge of FAA NAS data release processes and information systems gained through experience as a program manager or staff specialist for NAS data release, and/or information technology or data management involving SWIM programs, Surveillance Broadcast Systems programs, or FAA Air Traffic Organization Technical Operations programs associated with cybersecurity or national defense (AADS, NISIS).
- Experience working with an Executive Secretariat, or experience as a data operations specialist, or experience working with information technology as a project management professional.
- Familiarity with FAA NAS data systems including ADS-B and secondary surveillance radar data, and SWIM data systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.