Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV, in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.
- Part of the Security Operator team to proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cyber security status and reports to enable timely decision-making
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting 8 hour shifts on weekdays or 12 hour shifts on weekends shift plus two days on weekdays.
- Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Perform investigative functions involving strong network engineering or Security+-type skills
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity Basic Qualifications
- Upbeat and positive attitude Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Requires BS degree and 1+ year of prior relevant experience.
- CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.