The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Air Traffic Operations Analyst to support the FAA System Operations Security Group. In this role, you will provide support to the FAA Systems Operations Security Group in addressing a broad range of issues, to include evaluating the operational impact of Counter Unmanned Airspace Systems (CUAS) activities in the NAS terminal environment, from a security perspective. You will provide solutions to complex airspace and CUAS activities for NAS stakeholders.
Support the FAA by evaluating the impact of Counter Unmanned Aerial System (CUAS) activities on Air Traffic Operations in the terminal environment. Provide technical support in developing policies, procedures, or protocols to minimize risks to the safe and efficient flow of air traffic posed by CUAS operations. Duties will include tracking and reporting the operational impact of CUAS activities. Other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 –15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Extensive knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic Control System gained through experience as an FAA Air Traffic Control specialist, FAA Facility staff specialist is highly beneficial.
- Extensive experience in terminal operations
- Experience in evaluating the operational impact to Air Traffic Operations in the terminal environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration rules, authorities, and procedures
- Ability to understand the safety and security implications to the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Ability to develop and lead working groups comprised of multiple agencies and senior level individuals to achieve common goals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple tasking and deadlines
- Additional experience in Traffic Management Units (TMU), Facility Staff time also preferred.
- Experience with Performance Data Analysis and Reporting System (PDARS) preferred.
- Knowledge of UAS/CUAS integration and operations helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex topics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Background with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), Military Operating Areas (MOAs; Special Airspace Activities (SAA) preferred.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.