Leidos is seeking a SOC Operations Manager to manage a 24x7x365 team of security professionals to monitor, detect, respond, and remediate threats facing our customer’s geographically-dispersed constituents. This team is predominately located in Fairmont, WV, and has small presence in Boulder, CO.
- Manage a team of approximately 20 cyber security professionals to include analysts, incident responders, and security tool engineers. The team includes team leads, junior, mid, and senior level resources to be utilized for operational and project-based functions.
- Serve as the overall Point of Contact and final escalation point for the SOC. Frequent direct interface with federal staff counterpart to advise and coordinate operational activities to include notable threats, active incidents, and situation awareness. As well as coordinate/communicate with senior Leidos leadership on notable operational and programmatic issues.
- Act as incident commander during high severity incidents, if necessary.
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs. Uphold and enforce established processes.
- Report SOC related metrics as defined and required within contract
- Responsible for managerial responsibilities such as staffing, performance assessment, career path planning, training, and coaching/mentoring for all SOC team members
- Identify SOC capability enhancement ideas for continuous improvement. Prioritize and assign resources to support enhancement projects and special requests.
- Work with subject matter experts across the program to transform the maturity of the SOC to an industry-leading organization.
- Prior SOC management or supervisory experience in a 24x7 environment to manage personnel effectively
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types (e.g., SIEM, SOAR, IDS/IPS)
- Must be US Citizen. Must have an active Top Secret Clearance (active Secret with Interim TS acceptable).
- Identify process improvement and technology opportunities for increased innovation, cost savings, and customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience as a change agent to implement cultural and operational changes
- BS and 10 years’ experience with 5 years of management/project experience.
- CEH, GCIH, or equivalent certifications or higher
- SOC Analyst and Incident Response Experience
- Prior experience working alongside significant technology refresh and insertion projects
- Fairmont, WV
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.