The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Field Operations Electronic Technician for the Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) program in Virginia Beach, VA. This individual will provide in port maintenance support, repairs services and support for SURTASS mission equipment during T-AGOS ship in port periods and in-port availability periods.
- Provide direct support for and quality control of SURTASS Mission Readiness Availabilities (MRA)/Mission Readiness Reviews (MRR).
- Conduct TL-29A System grooms and module balances. Perform equipment installation and training.
- Prepare operational and maintenance procedures and manuals as required.
- Preparation and submission of required engineering and administrative reports.
- Perform and provide quality assurance for repairs and modifications to equipment, and ensure applicable maintenance standards are met.
- Perform engineering research and analysis on new and existing equipment.
- Act as a liaison/coordinator with contract sponsor, TAGOS ships Master, sponsored ship riders, MILCREW, other SURTASS contractors, MSC, shipyard personnel and other government organizations. CONUS and OCONUS travel will be required.
- Able to accept scheduled and unscheduled CONUS and OCONUS assignments and extensions up to 3 months with limited advance notice based on SURTASS program operational tempo.
- Ability to work at sea on ships, work rotating shifts and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Must have at least an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Technology, or be a graduate of US Navy electronics “C” school or equivalent civilian electronics technical school. Curriculum must have dealt directly with industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of communications systems, navigations systems, and sonar surveillance systems.
- Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance level. The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified material.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. passport.
- 8+ years of related experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of COTS maintenance requirements, and open architecture implications as well as, understanding of the administration of the U.S. Navy Maintenance Material Management System (3M).
- Experienced in civilian or military operations.
- Must have the ability to work under only very general supervision and able to provide training to shipboard assigned electronic maintenance technicians.
- Position may require the ability to perform in and arduous environment.
- Able to pass a mariners Physical per COMSCINST 6000.1.c and must maintain their medical fitness for the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain an international driving permit to drive on the left side of the road if needed.
- Previous SURTASS ship rider technician experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of SURTASS ARRAYS which includes: TL-29A Twin-line, Low Frequency Active (LFA), Compact Low Frequency Active (CLFA) and High Frequency Marine Mammal Mitigation Sonar (HFM3).
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of the SURTASS PROCESSING SUBSYSTEMS which includes: ICP, UNIX based processing systems, LINUX, Windows, GCCS-M, GPS (Commercial and MIL-STD) & SURTASS COMMS SUBSYSTEMS which includes: SHF, UHF SATCOM and LOS, HF, IFF, SECURE VOICE and DATA CRYPTOs, CMS, EKMS, KMI, SIPRNET, ADNS/CFCP, SIPR and NIPRNET.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.