Are you excited to discover and adapt new signal processing algorithms to meet evolving needs? Are you looking to work alongside experts and scientists who share your technical background, passion, and intellectual curiosity? Are you a continual learner, quickly adapting your experience to new problems and filling in the gaps in your knowledge as needed? If you answer yes, this is the role for you!
Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Intern to support programs in Arlington, VA with opportunities for a motivated candidate to lead tasks and/or efforts. Bring your experience and knowledge of signal processing, linear algebra, probability, stochastic processes, spectral estimation, and/or signal detection and estimation to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs in the areas of Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support. You’ll also get to work alongside scientists and field experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
Taking direction from your Team or Task Lead, while working in small groups or individually, you will:
- Work in small teams or individually to achieve program success
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to team and management as appropriate
- Take direction from Team or Task Lead
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Must be U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Must be enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree program in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, and have completed at least 1 year of curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with Matlab, C/C++, Simulink, or similar language
- Proven record of innovation for both posing and solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems (commensurate with education level)
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Preferred: Secret or higher-level clearance
- Analytical skills and experience in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
- Academic projects focused on application of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.