The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Program Manager in Bethesda, MD.
The Senior Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for overall program and Task performance management and assist in the day-to-day management, development, and maintenance of Leidos business performed within select NIH and HHS programs. The PM will be responsible for leading efforts to achieve business and operational results that are aligned to the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and outlook.
The NIH/HHS portfolio includes but is not limited to software design and development services and COTS based application development; custom and COTS software maintenance support; public website design, development, integration, and maintenance support services; intranet integration services; enterprise data warehouse development, workflow application development; training; infrastructure engineering and operations; and help desk services.
The Sr. PM will oversee assigned software development projects and work with the project teams in an Agile environment to plan, develop project priorities and sprints, meeting levels of effort, milestones, and deliverables. The ideal candidate will have excellent team management skills, dynamic customer engagement and relationship management abilities, and outstanding expertise in Agile software development techniques. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of fixed price budget principles to include fixed price per function point or story point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned projects along the entire development and implementation life cycle, focusing on project staffing, scheduling and the on-time delivery of high quality, reliable and easy to use systems in an Agile development environment;
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members;
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities;
- Oversee system architecture, design and coding;
- Oversee and assist with analyzing business and technical requirements;
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership, perspective and advice to projects, programs, and activities;
- Actively participate in calls, meetings and presentations with co-workers and high-level representatives from partner companies and vendors working on the program;
- Manage a team of staff working on the project ensure assigned programs are appropriately staffed to ensure project completion is on time and within budget meeting the organization’s established profit margins;
- Work with senior management to provide updates regarding contractor team activities, schedule and budget updates, and regular interfacing with customer;
- Participate in regular meetings with customers achieving a high degree of customer understanding;
- Assist is building a culture grounded in the highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior;
- Establish, document, and manage the scope, schedule, and resource allocation across all tasks and sustaining activities to ensure successful project execution;
- Be responsible for removing impediments from their teams while promoting self-management and improving standards of work;
- Will be responsible for Compliance as it relates to policy, strategic plans and overall direction across program;
- Prepare and present written communications, plans, reports, briefings and briefing materials as required by the contract to meet reporting requirements;
- Participate in meetings and discussions with functional team leads, program and project managers and customer as required;
- Responsible for all program reporting including Task Management, Funding and Expenditure, Risk Management, Staffing, Performance Requirements, and Quality Assurance among other required reporting that may be needed;
- Evaluates, monitors, or ensures compliance with regulations, policies, standards or procedures associated with all aspects of project;
Educational and Technical Requirements:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 5-8 years of prior relevant experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field;
- Prior experience in Program Management or Service Delivery management role for a large software development and maintenance BPA;
- Prior experience managing/leading federal contracts;
- 10+ years of experience managing and participating in the development of custom software design and development services;
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment;
- 5+ years of program management experience leading medium sized IT programs, $50M and larger;
- Current PMP certification
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly and succinctly in discussions, presentations and answers to questions from customers
- Solid experience using the following technologies: JAVA and tools related to DevOps execution.
- Familiarity with modern software development tools, concepts, practices and procedures such as Design Patterns, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Automated Testing and Continuous Integration;
- Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government Public Trust
- Prior experience supporting Health Institutions or the National Institutes of Health (NIH);
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing in program accounts;
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics
- Experience in turning troubled programs into high performing programs
- Experience in the development of winning proposals
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.