About the Antarctic Support Contract:
Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is the prime contractor to the National Science Foundation (NSF) in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos supports the NSF’s Office of Polar Program’s Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics by aligning with their Mission and Vision Statements:
- Vision: Expanding our scientific reach in Antarctica through increased operational and logistical effectiveness.
- Mission: To provide the operational and logistical platform necessary for the U.S. to conduct world-class science in Antarctica and maintain its active and influential presence on the continent.
Leidos ASC provides science and logistics support for approximately 150 science and technical events across three geographically remote research stations; McMurdo Station, Palmer Station, and South Pole Station and several deep field sites across Antarctica. Each station or field site supports world class research across multiple science disciplines. The planning and implementation of science support requirements in Antarctica is a critical part of our mission.
Leidos is seeking an Integration Project Engineer that will directly support the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) project management organization and coordinates with site and functional operations to facilitate and ensure project effectiveness and efficiency. The Integration Project Engineer will perform assignments such as: developing procedures, processes, performance measurement metrics, understanding of subcontractor contract requirements, coordination and preparation of data to support project performance reviews, monthly reporting and maintaining and reporting on project key performance indicators (KPI’s). Oversees detailed planning and coordination of project work, integrating all tasks into a unified effort that minimizes impacts to ongoing operations. This role also will have a major role in project proposal development, proposal writing, and coordination with subcontractors. This position will report to the AIMS Senior Project Manager.
Essential attributes for this job are leadership (people and/or project), time management, deadline orientation, effective communication, attention to detail, contract knowledge and experience managing subcontractors, and computer competences. This position will work across the entire organization and will need to foster teamwork, collaboration and provide leadership.
- Integration project engineer for AIMS program and project elements
- Stakeholder liaison between AIMS project and ASC functional work groups
- Technical expert for design build and design bid build elements
- Provide owners engineering opinions
- CAM for assigned budgetary elements
- Provide programmatic technical insight and schedule expertise related to execution of individual elements within the AIMS portfolio of projects
- Review and assess integration of planning across the portfolio of AIMS projects and identify gaps or challenges
- Coordinate execution of AIMS within ASC and its integration with the overall capital project program
- Facilitate coordination between all ASC user groups and perform stakeholder management
- Identify planning deficiencies to project managers and program staff
- Partner with Parsons for seamless execution
- Execute CAM responsibilities in accordance with ASC policies and project requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, or technical field)
- 10+ years related experience in the engineering and construction industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in any state
- Ability to establish relationships internally and external to ASC and Leidos
- Knowledge of Government contracts and subcontracting
- Contract and vendor management
- Proposal development and management
- Performance Metrics Development and Management
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to draft and review Statements of Work
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with subcontractors to drive positive results
- MBA or Advanced degree in a related
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
- Excellent business acumen and ability to formulate solutions to complex problems and clearly communicate strategies to large audiences
- Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
- Ability to successfully interface and interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience with incentive fee type subcontracts
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.