The Defense Group is seeking a Manager, Subcontracts to support its Airborne Solutions Operation. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle to grave”) subcontract management for various programs. This role will manage and lead a team of approximately seven Subcontract Administrators and may also own a portfolio of subcontract responsibilities. The Manager, Subcontracts is a working manager role.
The Manager, Subcontracts will oversee and manage overall subcontract compliance for these programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and lead a team in a dynamic environment.
The Manager, Subcontracts is responsible for managing staff, conducting performance reviews, establishing development actions, working activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: proposal support activities to include negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions; award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
- Assigns work to and reviews the work of subcontract administrators
- Trains and mentors subcontract staff
- Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements
- Audits team procurement files to ensure compliance with Leidos and Government requirements
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements
- Develops prime contract flow down documents
- Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses including conducting price and cost analysis
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors
- Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity
- Resolves subcontractor invoice issues
- Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management
- Performs subcontract close-out activities
- Analyzes risks and identifies risk mitigations.
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the program for all subcontracts related issues
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers, as required
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and the drive to work issues to resolution
- Works with team members to resolve issues/provide guidance on tasks described above
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration OR a related field with 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
- Must be US Citizen
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 – 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Deltek Costpoint
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally with subcontractors to drive results
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leadings teams is a plus
- Experience with subcontractors who perform overseas and/or subcontractors with international companies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
- Experience within the aviation field or supporting aviation programs a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.