In joining the Leidos Accredited Testing and Evaluation (AT&E, Common Criteria/FIPS) team, you will get an exciting opportunity to work in the growing IT Security field in support of National defense. The products you will touch will be deployed into larger systems and/or deployments to facilitate secure communications for our military in the modern cyber warfare environment. Come be a part of an expanding industry that is integral in ensuring our National Security. You’ll get an opportunity to learn from Industry experts work with various Commercial off the Shelf products across many technology types, and be able to use your skillset in a hands on lab environment.
Below are some of the benefits of working with Leidos on the AT&E team:
- Performance based career development – well defined roles with actionable qualifications. Empowering employees to promotions based upon skills and not time.
- Flexible hours within the constructs of the work day
- Opportunity to attend industry related conferences and seminars.
- Maintain Work-Life balance in an environment that values your health and time outside the workplace
- Opportunity to work with and learn from experts in the given discipline in an open environment
- Great team comradery
- Tuition reimbursement within appropriate disciplines
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline).
- Familiarity of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Experience with debugging (GDB, WinDBG, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Related certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificates and their attributes as well as protocols such as CDP and OCSP.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnets and routing.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018 (NYSE: LDOS).
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.