The Quality Senior System Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for verifying new and existing products as part of the release to production process. In this role, you will gain in-depth knowledge of customer requirements, define and execute test cases and procedures to assess overall product conformance to requirements, and determine release readiness for deployment to production/field. Testing will be approached using a system level perspective (i.e. product as a complete solution) to evaluate hardware, software, networking components, and related interfaces. Security Enterprise Solutions is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents, and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Provide estimates for testing duration and related expenses to execute the validation and verification process. Assess performance against estimates and drive appropriate root cause corrective action for variances.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute testing activities; including developing and executing detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for functional and non-functional requirements as well as regression testing.
- Lead system-level integration of hardware and software components and perform end to end validation and verification testing of all system requirements.
- Ensure defects/issues encountered during testing are thoroughly documented, analyzed with key stakeholders, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in project meetings and represent customer needs throughout the gated product realization process.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and make recommendations to improve the product/supporting processes.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Relevant work experience should be in a systems test/product development role.
- Broad experience independently managing and leading complex tasks and assignments to successful completion on-time.
- Solid understanding of Product Realization Process and System Development Life Cycle.
- Experience applying QA/test methodologies and tools; including traceability of requirements to test cases.
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
- Strong customer focus and influence skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have the ability to pass eQIP
- MS degree desired
- Active security clearance desired
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems (i.e. integration, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Jira experience
- Project management experience in cross-functional environments
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- LSS Green Belt
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.