Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Tier 2 Executive Support Technician, you will provide on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. In this position, you are expected to possess exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. This challenging position requires an individual with demonstrated experience in resolving technical client support in a service desk setting, ability to perform technical troubleshooting and provide data analysis to determine root causes of application issues. You will work closely with other members of the Customer Support Service team as well as Product Development team to remediate reported client issues in a timely and professional manner. The successful team player will be knowledgeable of all products and expected to be a contributor to new product features and product testing. You are expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level..
Under the direction of the Service Delivery (Tier 2) Manager and Service Delivery Senior Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Work with a team of 3 in the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services Washington DC location
- 24/7/365 personal technical support to the Administrator and the Office of the administrator for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services in Washington DC.
- Sole point of contact for the Washington DC office Political Appointees, Executives and Front office employees.
- Ability to work after hours or weekends on an as needed basis to provide support which includes the ability to be on-call for emergency support.
- Ability to work directly with Executives/Political appointees in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to conduct multiple Executive Support walkthroughs during business hours.
- Ability to collaborate with other groups to support Executives and Political appointees.
- Manage unassigned tickets in Service Now queue, assigning to the technicians as necessary.
- Manage team’s ticket queue using dashboards/reports in ServiceNow. Ensuring everyone has a fairly even number of tickets to work on, no one is overloaded with work taking into consideration tickets that can be worked remotely Assigning to an external building tech if they can assist.
- Reviewing each of the technician’s tickets to ensure they are following CMS SLA requirements: updating tickets daily, reaching out to users daily, changing ticket state when necessary, following proper closing notes, attaching KBAs as necessary, etc.
- Attending additional meetings with management and the OIT department of the customer, CMS. Collaborate with the customer directly for the most effective method to discuss ticket questions/concerns.
- Assist technicians with any questions/concerns they might have. Taking into consideration any feedback provided about guidelines and processes that Tier 2 utilizes, or about the team in general. Providing that information to management.
- Helping technicians with their INC/RITM tickets as necessary if they request assistance or cannot perform them.
- Utilize Jira cards to ensure cards are updated for better communication or task tracking.
- Assist with improving communications by providing constructive feedback during meetings
- Responsible for investigating various computer hardware and software issues independently, with the assistance of peers, vendors, and manufacturer support.
- Develop new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Improve the flow of communication by providing management with information based feedback from the team
- Provide primary technology support and training for building and district administrative, educational, and support staff via phone, email, or in-person and escalate issues as necessary.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of technology equipment in a multi-vendor environment to include but not limited to computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via service requests but as required also telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner and provide assistance in person as well as remotely.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, location, contact information, and nature of problem or issue within ITSM tool in the near real-time manner.
- Use logic and skills/training to properly perform hardware & software troubleshooting.
- Resolve issues quickly and maintain a high level of end-user confidence.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades & repairs to existing equipment using current processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Train Executives on the proper use of hardware, software, and mobile devices.
- Monitor Backups and take appropriate corrective action whenever necessary.
- Monitor end user asset performance and take appropriate proactive corrective action whenever necessary.
- Generates, updates, and maintains technical support documentation and tools.
- Identifies potential problems and understands when problems exist without being prompted.
• BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years; Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience working with PC Hardware and Software
• Proficient in current Microsoft technologies including software, operating systems, group policy, etc.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8.1, 10) with the end users.
• Must be customer oriented. Solving customer problems in a timely manner, and informing the customer of problem resolution in a clear manner.
• Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Experience working in a mixed-platform environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with various Windows or Mac products.
• Proficient in the elements required in implementing software applications including application installation and configuration, determining business requirements, data initialization, data migration, and system integration/data interface.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and teaching new technologies.
• Ability to perform all tasks of lower level technicians is a must.
• Ability to multitask and follow escalation procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of staff and the customer.
• Competency in ServiceNow ITSM tool.
• A passion for quality and excellence.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth.
• Proven record of business automation and workflow process development.
• Technical Certifications in any one of: MCP, Dell/EMC, CompTia A+, Network+, Server+
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior, in-order to be considered
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.