The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operations has an opening for a Sr. Java Spring Boot API Developer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. Our Senior Java Developer will also apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
The candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
In this position, the candidate will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. This role is not a telework position.
- Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring/SpringBoot, Jax-WS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
Microservices: Microservice architectural patterns and design, Developing REST API using Spring Boot framework, Documentation for REST APIs, Authentication for REST APIs
Spring Framework + Spring Boot Framework: Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA (Spring with JPA and Hibernate), Spring Security (with Oauth2/JWT), Spring REST, Spring Cloud, OpenAPI 3.0
ORM Framework: JPA (Hibernate)
Database knowledge: DB2, PostgreSQL, H2 In memory DB
Testing Frameworks: JUnit5, Mockito, Powermock, Web MVC
BDD Frameworks (Cucumber, Gerkin): Cucumber-java8 / Gherkin / Rest Assured / Spring Test
- RESTful API, SOAP APIs development.
- API Management tools like WebMethod or Google APIGEE.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine, TSLint)
- Usability and Section 508 principles,
- SQL development for IBM DB2,
- WebSphere deployment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Agile development principles and methodology
CI/CD, Jenkins, PaaS, AWS, DevOps, Dynatrace, Splunk, Postman, Ready API, Angular, StencilJS
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- Knowledge of SSA system architecture
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to starting.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.