At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Software Architect for Baltimore location. The candidate shall understands the big picture and the power of integrating people, process and technology to deliver effective technology solutions. Soft skills and business acumen are critical when working with our customers in managing change and driving requirements. Additionally, we’re looking for people who can think strategically and are able to see the big picture. This will assist in building our target architecture delivering our enterprise architecture goals of modernization, efficiency, speed and agility. The candidate shall demonstrate a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. The candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. The candidate must be self-motivated and show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
- Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field. The candidate will continually assess advancements in technologies to gauge and recommend better solutions for the customer to improve the software developer experience and efficient delivery of software.
- Mentor and coach technical staff, proactively shape product vision, and support multiple internal/external initiatives to achieve mission success. The candidate will have past and proven experiences as the technical lead on large, complex projects, and enterprise solutions.
- Provide technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Impact functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work.
- Experience with testing tool such as Selenium.
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience providing architectural guidance and solutions to multiple projects at a time.
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to the team of more than 15 developers.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree with 7+ years of hands on experience or Masters Degree with 5+ years of experience in a related field.
• Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.