Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join our Team in Albany, OR, Morgantown, WV, or Pittsburgh, PA. This opportunity will allow side by side execution of research with world-class scientists and engineers using state of the art equipment to contribute to new areas of basic and applied research.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Environmental risk assessment for subsurface energy operations (e.g., geologic carbon storage, hydrogen storage, oil and gas drilling).
- Analysis of engineering data related to oil and gas well construction.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary group of science researchers to accomplish project tasks.
- Build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Create and deliver oral and poster presentations of results.
- Effectively communicate scientific results through peer-review journal manuscripts and technical reports.
- Master’s degree in hydrogeology, petroleum/reservoir engineering, environmental engineering or similar field.
- Proficiency in code development using Python.
- Experience with subsurface flow and transport modeling.
- Ability to examine & synthesize engineering data related to the oil & gas industry (e.g., well construction records, well logs, geochemical data).
- Familiarity with data science and statistics.
- Advanced degree and/or certifications in hydrogeology, petroleum engineering, environmental engineering or similar field.
- Evidence of substantive participation in the scientific community through the publication of peer-reviewed journal articles and presentation of research findings.
- Experience with environmental risk assessment for subsurface energy operations (e.g., geologic carbon storage, hydrogen storage, oil and gas drilling).
- Experience with using Python for advanced analytics, including neural networks, clustering algorithms, natural language processing (NLP) and other machine learning approaches with the Python libraries scikit learn, tensor flow, and others.
- Proficiency with developing code in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), documenting code, and committing code to a repository, such as GitHub, BitBucket, or similar .
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.