Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® science, engineering and information technology company that provides services and solutions in the defense, intelligence, civil and health markets. Applying our technically advanced solutions to help solve our customers' most difficult problems has enabled us to build strong relationships with key customers. Everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Leidos Defense Group has an immediate opening for a Program Financial Analyst, Lead to support multiple programs in Defense Group. In this role, you will be responsible for the financial aspects of programs in support of the Modeling, Simulation & Training Division. Your first program assignment will be on one of the key programs in the MS&T Division. As a key member of this program team, you will work directly with the program managers to help define each program's financial goals and objectives; create and maintain a program's budget, analyze progress reported against the program baseline; identify risks and opportunities against the program baseline; and recommend actions to improve progress to achieve program execution.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who resides in the Maryland, Northern Virginia, DC Metro or Orlando, FL areas, but will consider 100% telework option for the right candidate.
- Develop and drive financial forecasts, EACs; Analyze programs revenue and costs.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, forecasting (net bookings, revenue, OI/fee and cash), and effectively managing financial risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with program team and across Leidos functions to maintain Earned Value Management “light” in compliance with contract and internal/external policies.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership for making critical business decisions.
- Proposal involvement (pricing and cost volume leadership) and building internal and external relationships to grow the program and achieve strategic goals.
- Work closely with other functional areas on financial related elements while, managing a programs general ledger, and monitoring a programs cash flow.
- Help Program Managers identify programmatic risk and opportunities that will impact program financials while recommending cost reductions and ways to mitigating risk.
- Responsible for financial performance of the program to include the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Monthly/Quarterly forecast and FP&A activities.
- Month-end closings and variance/trend analyses.
- Cash management to include timely submittal of invoices, collections and unbilled reduction.
- Deliverables: Estimate at Completion (EACs), Quarterly Financial Status Reviews (QFSR), monthly and quarterly business reviews (IPR), AOP and Quarterly Forecast.
- Requires a BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of experience.
- Positive can-do attitude with success leading projects under tight timelines.
- Familiar with multiple contract types, such as FFP, LOE, CPFF, and T&M.
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strategic vision with ability to drive new business captures and develop business case analyses.
- Ability to analyze financials and advise senior management on financial and strategic issues.
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and business case analysis.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) Systems/Process/Tools.
- Understanding of accounting, EACs, and booking rates.
- Knowledge in government contracting and FAR.
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
- Ability to Collaborate Effectively with Co-Workers.
- Experience with Leidos Financial Systems and Processes: Costpoint, Oracle Analytics, Fusion, Deltek, Cognos, PowerBI and ServiceNow, Deltek Cobra.
- Some Experience Utilizing Scheduling Systems/Process/Tools (MS Project.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.