Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking to add a Systems Engineer to our team. Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
This is a fully remote opportunity with periodic travel to Peachtree Corners, GA or Northern VA.
The Systems Engineer leads engineering and requirements, providing support of the design, execution, sustainment, and oversight of IT projects including direct experience in the design, development and sustainment of integrated software and hardware solutions in the private or public sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports all program related initiatives, including project planning and milestone development.
- Supports business case analysis, such as and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts.
- Performs in the role of a requirements or business analyst to make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology. Analyzes and communicates stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Functions as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development team.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify and prioritize system requirements. Familiarity and experience documenting software requirements specification (SRS), which may include both functional and non-functional components as well as requirement traceability matrix.
- Creates system design documentation to encompass all technical aspects regarding the design of a new system or completing an upgrade of one that currently exists, including design constraints and future contingencies.
- Uses data modeling techniques to define, develop and support customer driven requirements including the utilization of standard data modeling tools to create conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Evaluates customer provided data and supporting information to draw logical conclusions regarding to how to best implement or improve a business process or system.
- Facilitates and assists development team in identification and resolution of system vulnerability requirements.
- Verifies system integration to include test script verification of security patches for the Fixed system.
- Able to troubleshoot and assess web interface code and data transmission
- Maintains and makes improvements on the Amazon Web Service test instance.
- Evaluates methods for automated system testing of the fixed pedestal.
- Develops parsing for audit, Alarm and Alert logs to troubleshoot abnormalities in the system deployed. Collaborates with external vendors to assess, analyze and troubleshoot external interface, design and integration
- Ability to devise and recommend new architecture, design, or automated solutions for the EPoS Enterprise
Education and Experience:
- The Systems Engineer shall possess minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field.
- Requires minimum of 6 years of experience in a network management environment.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II required.
The Systems Engineer must have experience with the design, execution, and oversight of IT projects. This includes direct experience in the design and development of integrated software and hardware solutions in the private or public sector. Experience includes:
- Ability to lead teams, generate solutions and work autonomously
- Experience with DOD/DLA and related business processes and technical requirements
- Understanding of NIST, RMF, cybersecurity requirements at DOD
- Experience Eagle ECRT or ITS
- Familiarity with Gold Documentation/DODAF standards
- Experience in Software development, testing in DISA environment
- Experience in AWS, web services, mobile application development and deployment
- Experience/familiarity with Microsoft Web Services/Cloud or .Mil cloud solutions
- Experience integration solutions across distributed systems architecture including interfaces
- Experience with performance tuning, load balancing
- Ability to design systems and appropriately scope and size for required solution
- Experience with system failover and design/COOP
- Business or requirements analyst background with sufficient technical breadth and superior communication and collaboration skills to successfully work with key stakeholders to solve business related problems or implement new solutions.
- Detailed functional analysis and gap/fit analysis of software solution packages.
- Software solution package selection and business case development.
- Software and system developmental and acceptance testing.
- Legacy system data exchange design, development, and implementation.
- Previous background creating SRS and systems design documentation for large projects
- Usage of data modeling tools to create data models.
- Utilizing an Agile approach to project management in a fast-paced development environment.
- Networking: Knowledge of Network Routers/Configuration and troubleshooting
- Development: Ability to develop scripts for sustainment and evaluation of pedestal logs
- Ability to troubleshoot and assess enterprise integration issues to include F5 load balancing and enterprise database, data transmission and encryption
- Ability to recommend and evaluate tools for sustainment of pedestal equipment
- Experience with RMF, NIST 800.4, FIPS 140.2 and 140.3
- Experience with Tenable and ACAS security scans, ability to read results and integrate and submit to development
- Ability to write specifications to development on requirements
- Ability to set up and manage ASW cloud/test environments and virtual machines (VM)
- 8570 Computing Environment Certification for Linux Essentials
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.