The Leidos FBI Portfolio has an opening for a Principle Software Engineer for our Data Analysis, Processing and Storage Task Order. This position is based out of Clarksburg, WV and currently can be worked remotely. This senior level position with be the technical lead for a team of 7 people following agile development best practices.
The Principle Software Engineer will perform the following types of tasking:Develop and debug mission critical software
- Engage with Government and Contractor project leadership to understand project goals, required functionality, and environmental constraints
- Provide top-level system architecture to contractor staff
- Provide Government with cost-benefit analysis of architectural choices
- Produce infrastructure as code to create and provision resources and services locally and in the cloud
- Provide architectural guidance and expertise to software engineering staff
- Assist project leadership with development of project epics, features, and user stories
- BS and 12+ years of relevant experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in the area of system architecture design
- Ten (10) years of experience in the areas of software development or design
- Experience performing cost-benefit analysis and optimizing architecture for cost-effectiveness
- Experience producing infrastructure as code, configuration as code, and continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Four (4) years of experience in the area of containerized design and orchestration
- Ten (10) years of experience in the area of web application design including authentication, access control, logging, monitoring, distributed communication, horizontal-scaling, transactional-processing, model-view-controller (MVC) or similar design patterns, Representational State Transfer (REST) architectures, relational databases, and NoSQL databases.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.