Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
Leidos is seeking a Scrum Master to lead several software teams in the implementation of technologies to bring secure, modern-day Cybersecurity and Cryptographic Key Management solutions to the warfighter.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader responsible for helping their respective technical teams maintain high quality and effective work through all phases of the project lifecycle. The Scrum Master is focused on supporting their teams to ensure the highest level of performance, which includes working to remove blockers to progress, facilitating meetings, helping to ensure product backlogs are perfected and ready for future sprints, etc.
This position is responsible for the successful use of the project’s scrum agile process, in addition to current technologies used to develop modern, scalable, solutions serving our business. The Scrum Master will collaborate with PMs, System Engineers, Architects and customers to ensure that we are operating efficiently and effectively.
• Model the behaviors of a lean-agile leader and help teams self-organize using agile principles and practices to meet their delivery objectives. Foster a positive team atmosphere that promotes camaraderie and high achievement for all team members
• Guide teammates and projects and act as a mentor and coach on working in an agile team and build strong relationships with technology and business partners.
• Organize and facilitate all scrum ceremonies, including sprint reviews, sprint planning sessions, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives.
• Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver against their commitments.
• Participate proactively in the continuous improvement of iApp’s standards, tools, and best practices.
• Provide transparent status reporting on the team’s activities and projects, assist, and occasionally lead internal/external communication activities
• Use available metrics to help team identify improvement opportunities
• Responsible for escalation of issues and identification and management of project risks that impact scrum team members
• Perform related duties as assigned by manager.
• Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems or a related field and at least 4+ years of related experience or Master’s Degree with at least 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience running multiple scrum teams.
• Thorough knowledge and use of an agile tool, i.e., VersionOne, Jira, Azure DevOps, Rally,
• Background in agile delivery, project management, engineering, or product management
• Ability to work across functional groups
• Ability to identify gaps and areas of improvement, provide recommendations
• Certified Scrum Master.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Acitve Secret Clearance
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.