Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Maximo Solutions Architect who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maximo Solution Architect. The successful candidate should be a proven leader specializing in designing and implementing Maximo led integration strategy. In this position, you will drive the Maximo process within the organization - define integration best practices, reference solution architecture and design patterns; design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate data integration; evangelize, mentor, and coach teams. You will develop a secure, scalable governance and operating model, including assessment of new applications and technologies to be integrated. You will help the project teams validate functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.), determine the right integration approach and define the solution design. You will provide primary technical oversight throughout the Maximo lifecycle across all integration initiatives within the client’s IT team and ensure that the client’s IT's projects meet standards, guidelines, best practices and architectural principles. Candidate for this position must be able to play different roles within the team, from lead architect to high-skilled developer and technical team leader to consultant. You must have a sound understanding of Maximo and technology architecture, very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences along with leading and evangelizing architectural standardization and driving innovation.
- Be a leader in Maximo. Design and implement Maximo led integration strategy. Define integration best practices, reference solution architecture and design patterns.
- Mentor and coach teams on Maximo standards/best practices for Maximo.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate data integration.
- Develop a secure, scalable governance and operating model, including assessment of new applications and technologies to be integrated.
- Provide primary technical oversight throughout the Maximo lifecycle across all integration initiatives within the client’s IT organization.
- Ensure that the client’s IT's projects meet standards, guidelines, best practices and architectural principles.
- Identify architectural or design challenges or risk and pro-actively suggest solutions to address them.
- Conduct design & code reviews.
- Provide technical guidance to the delivery teams to ensure a smooth implementation and remove roadblocks.
- Oversee the administration and utilization of the Maximo Platform.
- Validate requirements from the business / technical teams, determine the right integration approach and define the solution design.
- Ensure all non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 8+ years of experience as IT architect with a focus on enterprise integration platforms. High school diploma with an additional 4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Familiar with Electrical Utility Supply Chain, Asset Management, and Work Management (Generation, Transmission, Distribution) processes
- Solution design experience with Maximo for Utilities and Maximo for Nuclear (v7.6.* preferred)
- Technical expertise with Maximo concepts such as Automation Scripts, Escalations, and Object Structures
- Experience with Maximo Integration Framework (MIF) and WebSphere configurations (including JMS and MQ)
- Good understanding of Maximo’s infrastructure that includes: virtual hosts, servers, clusters, JMS queues, messaging engine, data store and Service Integration buses
- Familiar with Architecture principles (TOGAF preferred)
- Experienced with Application Roadmapping
- Proficient with Software Development Lifecycle (Iterative and Agile)
- Proficient with Architecture modeling and communication using different tools like Powerpoint, Visio, and/or Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Experienced with modeling notations like UML and Archimate
- Familiar with BPMN standard
- Solid understanding of Quality Attributes (i.e. significant characteristics of software architecture)
- Knowledge of application integration patterns
- Able to work with remote teams
- Strategic thinker
- Strong team interaction, time management, communication (oral and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.