Leidos is looking for a Senior Software / Data Visualization Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. Additionally, the program is using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities over the coming three years while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will perform software development, data science and visualization activities as a member of an agile development team. Development includes the full range of turning agile stories into implementable concepts, through development, testing and deployment of the new capabilities in this complex system.
The selected individual will be responsible for analyzing and resolving highly complex software issues related to multiple aspects and components of the system. This will include:
- Discovery, preparation/normalization, analysis and visualization of data sets to improve program performance
- Data analysis and visualization to summarize and effectively convey complex things in understandable ways
- Work with variety of program staff to identify information needs and figure out how to meet them
- Automate gathering and display of key metrics
- Interact effectively with program and customer staff; strong communication skills a must for this position
Additionally, He/she will collaborate with other experts within the program and in the user community to design, develop, and debug existing software, and to design and develop enhancements that incorporate new capabilities into various components of the existing systems. He/she will provide technical leadership for software development activities as a member of an agile team and will actively participate in program increment planning and related team activities. The selected individual will perform high-level software development functions including design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs. He/she will analyze and system requirements and develop and maintain software infrastructures using Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. The selected individual will be responsible for using sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable, including providing software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process. He/she will work with other Software Engineers and System Engineers in resolving complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple facets of the system.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Specific experience with one or more of the following: Java/JEE, Python, C/C++ , SQL, SOAP, WSDL, WADL
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and/or experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT
- Experience developing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, PERL, PowerShell, VBS, Eclipse, Postgres, Oracle, Jenkins on a Windows platforms.
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss), scripting
- Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD
- Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, Cucumber, Unified Functional Tester (UFT), Selenium
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy)
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology, SAFe Agilest Certification, or past experience as a member of an agile team
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.