The Software Engineer is to provide software development and creation of interactive multimedia courseware and programs using 3D-Graphics and animation, audio and video editing, and other software tools to author and program interactive computer-based learning, web development, and graphic efforts. Works individually or as part of a team. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Design Cutting-edge graphic products and complex animations using current state-of-art software (i.e., Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Blender 3D, Animate).
- Create effective and professional presentations including complex animations.
- Produce proficient audio visual projects using current software (i.e., Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, and Camtasia).
- Set up A/V Equipment and Lighting
- Operate professional video camera
- Ensure that all interactive products are fully functional, free of software glitches, and that programs run on multiple platforms and network systems.
- Compile/prioritize results and debug programs as needed.
- Test and implement interactive modules throughout networked platforms and standalone workstations to support multiple clients in other organizations.
- Plan for sufficient flexibility to allow for Government beta testers to review and provide feedback based on mutually agreed upon times and dates. The contractor shall conduct usability and feedback sessions during and after the delivery of the interactive learning modules.
- Provide additional technical support as needed.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
US Citizenship required
- Twelve plus (12+) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.