Leidos is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a team that’s executing multiple contracts and research activities to develop and field maritime sensors, payloads, and supporting infrastructure for next generation unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) systems. The qualified candidate will work with an intra-disciplinary team to define, design, integrate, test, and operate electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
Key aspects of the senior Electrical Engineer position offer the applicant the opportunity to:
• Design, analyze, and document electrical power components and systems.
• Follow developed product designs through, build, test, and installation.
• Integrate design and process improvements to new and existing systems.
• Present design solutions to program leadership and external customers.
Primary Duties include:
- Analyze, simulate, design, layout and test electronics boards for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, cables, connectors, power subsystems (including batteries).
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing, review and create engineering change orders (ECOs), as required per ISO9001:2008 policies.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing.
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and develop specifications for deliverable systems.
- Develop and execute test software and scripts on Linux/Windows environments.
- Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 2-5 years of relevant experience in electrical/electronic hardware design, integration and system level test and commensurate with primary responsibilities or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong familiarity with Altium Designer or similar circuit design tools.
- Experience in Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design including analog, digital, mixed signal, or Radio Frequency (RF) designs.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and LTSpice software packages.
- Experienced in operation of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project
- Experienced with programming languages for scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Previous experience with hardware development in the maritime environment including Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs) and associated electronics/hardware.
- Previous Experience with optics, optical telemetry and electro-optic components.
- Familiarity with agency testing standards including Military Standards (MIL-STDs), Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL), and IEEE standards.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.