Senior Project Manager
Salary Range: £53,900 - £68,750 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Join a team committed to a Mission!..
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our team. Based from our Whiteley office (UK) the individual will provide direct support to the Programme Manager and leadership team to successfully deliver a developmental programme to our customer NATS. This position is a full time, permanent role, and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) a security clearance.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos’s proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner. In the U.K., Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and ongoing development and support.
The Role You Will Play:
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Deputy Programme Manager and will be responsible for leading a cross functional team across both Leidos and NATS teams to deliver against programme commitments. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to managing project activities in support of the overall programme delivery
- Develop robust plans in order to meet programme and customer commitments
- Track performance against plan, identify and execute plans to mitigate blockers
- Identify and manage Risks, Issues and Opportunities
- Effectively communicate status to programme leadership
- Ability to operate a highly collaborative environment, both independently and integrated into large teams
- Manage key stakeholders to align expectations
- Proven track record managing complex projects/programmes
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to engage effectively within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and Leidos staff
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels
- Ability to motivate and develop staff
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be advantageous
- Experience of SOA/ITIL/Service Management methodologies
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.