Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Capture Director?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Business Development position located in Reston, Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Capture Director will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include pipeline development and account strategy for selling cloud, cyber and managed services to federal civilian and DoD agency customers. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth.
• Leverage your hands-on program business development experience in a federal enterprise IT environment to understand the challenges confronting customers in the enterprise IT environment and position 1901 Group to address those challenges
• Grow and qualify the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
• Support the development of customer and market penetration strategies, individual opportunity wins strategies, account plans, and partnering strategies
• Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
• Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other Operations
• Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
• Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
• Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
• Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
• Be present in the market and represent 1901 Group at client facing and be able to brief C-level executives providing clear approaches to consume 1901 Group’s services and solutions
• A Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in commercial or government IT services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
• Demonstrated success in leading and growing IT services business
• Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$100 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
• Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders
• Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
• Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
• Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
• Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
• Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
• Management of Pipeline more than $500M in opportunities
• Familiarity with cloud technology environments
• Proven ability to describe the intersection of IT “as a service” concepts, cloud computing and digital transformation to shape opportunities.
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.