The Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Geospatial Analyst supporting a government customer onsite. The selected candidate will serve within a dedicated team supporting the government customer which includes routinely interfacing with the Leidos Program Manager, Program Engineers, and Government Representatives. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The candidate will interact with customers to understand and document geospatial data production processes. Utilizing geospatial tools and data, the candidate will meet ad hoc customer requirements for geospatial production, presentation, analysis, and generation of new data. The candidate should be comfortable with learning new technology, developing test procedures, and documenting findings and recommendations. Work location is customer site in Reston, VA.
All applicants MUST possess TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
The candidate is responsible for analyzing geographic information and compiling geographic data from a variety of sources. Knowledge of GIS data production processes, tools, and the ability to create geospatial and cartographic products to support customer mission is a requirement.
- Familiarity with commercial and open-source geospatial products such Esri ArcGIS and Google Earth
- Experience with ESRI software: ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcGIS
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Geography, GIS, or related discipline and minimum 8 years of relevant experience or Masters with minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient English language writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team involved in geospatial analytic activities
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Must hold active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
PREFERRED (OPTIONAL) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Adobe Software suite: Acrobat, Photoshop
- Experience with Python or other high-level language software development
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.