Leidos is seeking a Business Systems Analyst / UX Designer to join the MEAD Infrastructure Team. The Business Analyst develops, documents and maintains customer stakeholder requirements as user stories in product backlogs. Ability to develop business processes, capability needs, business requirements and business information models. Ability to translate and decompose business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories. Develop and clarify customer stakeholder requirements to enable Engineering Team design, development and test activities for the MEAD Infrastructure COIs and Software Factory teams. Due to the nature of the role. Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Identify and resolve project issues
- Analyze complex business problems and determine an IT solution
- Gather data and analyze business and user needs
- Provide recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support client's business goals
- Coordinate the development of documentation to enable implementation and turnover of the process of system
- Define objectives and scope of business system
- Work closely with managers and end-users to determine the best IT solution
- Conduct post-project evaluation
- 10+ years of experience in UX software development and/or business analysis.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university.
- PMP Certification
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Experience in software requirements gathering and writing user stories
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Expert level in Microsoft Office applications, including Project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in data analysis
- Understanding business functional areas
- Willingness to travel to client sites
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.