As an ISSE, you will join a small team of senior professionals providing Information Assurance (IA) Architecture Analysis and Security Engineering Support for the implementation and fielding of the National Leadership Command Capability in support of Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3), Continuity of Government (COG), and Senior Leader communications. The ISSE II will perform in a consultant like role providing technical knowledge, expertise and advice to our customer.
The ISSE shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations and recommended mitigation strategies. This includes:
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security design
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing and enclave environment to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operation environments
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions
- Supports the building of security architectures
- Enforces the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architecture
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risk throughout the program life cycle
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Reviews C&A documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
* Multiple positions available - Level II, III
* Flexible hours
* Multiple locations in Maryland
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university ideally in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering or related field with a minimum of 14 years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) or Network Engineer on programs and/or contracts with the customer space
- CASP, CISSP or CISSP-ISSEP DoD approved 8570 baseline certification is a firm requirement
- Strong writing skills
- Confidence and ability to present briefing to senior level DoD officials in both prepared briefings and/or in ad hoc discussions.
- Additionally, the candidate must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Expertise in network technology and systems security engineering. Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures.
- Experience developing and documenting system security requirements and conducting requirements gap analysis.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with the NIST Special Publications 800 Series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500.
- Experience with network technologies and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of network protocols, communications systems and architectures
- Should have significant hands on experience implementing security and/or network components, i.e. routers, firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc.
- Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.