Design and test new integrated circuits and hardware components for a wide variety of signal processing applications and research. Design, document, and develop code (to include firmware) for digital signal processors or other programmable hardware devices such as Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware. Analyze the function of existing integrated circuits and hardware components to reverse engineer the hardware and firmware. Conduct the necessary hardware engineering and related functions to modify and adapt vendor-manufactured hardware to meet special Government needs and contingencies.
The Hardware Design Engineer (HDE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Design new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures and develops improved procedures
- Apply ASIC or FPGA place and route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Integrate new P&R tools, P&R tool updates, and ASIC or FPGA design libraries into Government’s computer aided design environment, documents the use of those tools and libraries, and Assist other physical designers to successfully complete their specific P&R design tasks
- Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers’ P&R design challenges
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced engineers
- Must be US Citizen
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Twelve (12)+ years’ experience as a HDE in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same is required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.