Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk – Tier I NIPR Technician opportunity working in our Meridian, ID; Norfolk, VA; Blacksburg, VA; or Abingdon, VA offices.
A highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the second level contact for our escalated/complex customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
• After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for greeting our customers via phone calls, ascertain the nature of the call, resolve Level 1 issues where possible, open tickets via a ticketing system and escalate to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
• Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications, and provide detailed analysis of the problem
• Deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting.
• Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty.
• Update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
• Escalate problems to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1.
• Must have Secret Clearance to start on the program or able to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start. (Interim Secret clearance acceptable to start)
• High School diploma and 1+ years of experience in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) role
• Security+ CE, Network+ CE, or A+ CE or the ability to obtain one of these certifications within 90 days following start
• Excellent customer service skills, to include strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office suite
• Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.