This role provides technical expertise with developing and executing automated testing scripts as part of a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps pipeline. This role performs software development to implement scripts, evaluate test results, and implement a feedback loop in a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Participate in program Agile software development initiatives (standup, planning, Increment planning) to support innovation and enhancement of custom applications through iteration/functionality testing
- Participate and collaborate with team members to assess StoryPoint/complexity efforts (using best practices) to ensure proper testing and delivery of functionality per User Story Acceptance Criteria
- Collaborate with team members (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Software Developers) to develop test approaches with emphasis on automation of recurring/regression test cases through selected toolsets
- Develop test validation scripts using program designated languages (ex: Python)
- Develop automated test cases using knowledge of custom Applications through designated GUI/COTS products (ex: Selenium and Katalon Studio)
- Leverage DevOps practices to ensure repeatability and Configuration Management of test cases/scripts are maintained the continuously improved
- Develop and document end-to-end functionality test case narratives using task management system (JIRA/Confluence)
- Generate test data and identify use/corner cases required to meet User Story/Customer needs
- Support performance testing/evaluation activities using tools such as Jmeter
- Perform job duties within Commercial cloud development environments
- Ability to test both back end applications processes in addition to front end
- Significant experience with scripting languages (ex: Python) to automate tasks
- Significant experience in test data/script development
- Knowledge of or direct experience with software performance testing practices
- Direct experience with creation, authoring, execution and documentation of test cases/result sets for software products in an agile cadence
- Significant experience working/testing within Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex: AWS) and DevOps tools
- Demonstrated ability to work within collaborative environment to execute test cases complimentary to development efforts
- Significant experience working in an SAFe Agile and DevOps development environment and tempo
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Experience with administration of MS Windows Server or Linux environments (Lab or Personal development space)
- Experience reviewing output of CI jobs and capable of tracking test failures back to code changes that resulted in bugs
- Capable of review code check-ins to understand the impact of code changes on system functionality and potential applications bugs.
- Direct experience with AWS environments
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.